Caption: 211 Air Cadets receiving their promotions
Please make sure that you properly and clearly read all of the below details.
Secondly, please make sure that before attending a Cadet activity following a significant weather event, that you first verify the squadron calendar available on the squadron website or the Facebook page to ensure the activity is still ongoing.
Band this Friday at Ottawa Technical Secondary School, 485 Donald St, from 18:15 to 20:30. For any questions, please contact FSgt Hatzis.
Drill Team Tuesday May 28th at NDHS from 18:30 to 20:30.
Annual Ceremonial Review (Saturday May 25th @ Bernard Grandmaitre Arena)
This year’s squadron annual review will occur on Saturday May 25th at the Bernard Grandmaitre Arena (309 McArthur St, Vanier) at 13hr30. This is the squadron’s biggest parade of the year and displays the hard-work and dedication the staff and cadets have put in throughout the year. Cadets and staff are to arrive in civilian clothes with their full uniform (C1) on a hanger at 08hr30, for a run-through before the parade. Parents and guests are to arrive between 13hr00 and 13hr15.
If a cadet is unable to attend they must have a valid reason and email Capt Fortin before May 25th here.
Year End Trip (Friday June 7th – Sunday Jun 9th)
The squadron will be taking a Year End trip to the Laurentian’s in Quebec the weekend of June 7 – 9, 2019. Cadets are to arrive no later than 1830 at NDHS (710 Broadview ave.) on the Friday, and should be picked up no later than 1600 on Sunday at the same location. It will be a fun weekend where cadets will participate in several activities. Only cadets that have done at least two fundraising shifts are eligible to participate. Cadets who need to and haven’t filed a Detailed Health Questionnaire are not eligible to participate.
An info package and the permission slip are attached below, a signed permission slip is to be brought on June 7th before boarding the bus.
Year End Trip Authorization Slip
2018 Group Participant’s Guide Acro-nature
Become a Host Family for International Exchange Cadets
The Air Cadet League of Canada is searching for interested families to participate in hosting 70 international cadets for a weekend (2019 – August 2 to August 4). They need approx. 35 families (if each family takes 2 cadets). If you are interested in being a host family, you will have to be screened first. The requirements are as follows:
- Each cadet must have their own bed
- Families must take in min. 2 cadets (for the safety of cadets)
- Families pick up their cadets on Friday evening at an ‘ice cream social’
- Families are not remunerated for expenses (food, activities, logging)
- Families are to return cadets on Sunday at which time there will be a BBQ for host families and cadets. (This BBQ may take place in St-Jean or Ottawa depending on number of host families in each region)
- Only family members 18 yrs and older must be screened (police check) – family members who will not be present during the weekend do not need to be screened.
- A home inspection will be conducted to ensure that the number of beds is available.
- Male and female cadets cannot be bunked in the same room
- Host families do not need to speak the language of the cadets they are hosting
Host families are asked to show cadets around (city, landmarks, etc.) – we can provide a list of activities – families who have “original” ideas can suggest them but for the safety of cadets some activities could not be an option.
If you are interested please contact Mrs. Lynn Sénécal here.
For cadets who are in grade 12, don’t miss the opportunity for various scholarships provided by Air Cadet League of Canada. For those who are interested, please visit this link.
Regular Training Night (Wednesday May 22nd @ NDHS)
Next week is a regular training night, cadets are to be in summer dress.