Dates for Coaching / Instruction and Competitions:
Coaching / Instruction / Practice: Thursday, December 13th,
Two practices in January TBA
February 2019, 2019 at NDHS, evening in front of cadets and officers.
The winner of the squadron competition goes to the Regional Competition.
February 24th, 2019 (12:00 to 17:00) TBA
The winner of the squadron competition goes to the National Competition.
The National Competition will be held in St. Johns Newfoundland
Official Air Cadet League of Canada Website/Effective speaking contest: http://aircadetleague.com/effective-speaking-program/
Topics For The National Effective Speaking Competition 2019
- What is a Canadian?
- 3D Printer Technology – how will it impact our future?
- Should the voting age be lowered to 16?
- How is today’s technology causing gaps in communications?
- How will legalizing cannabis affect our society?
- Why should cadets be involved in fundraising for the program?
- The positive and negative effects of advances in technology.
- What happened to the Avro Arrow and is it time for a new one?
- Peer pressure amongst today’s youth – fact or fiction?
- What is the importance of gender equality in today’s youth?
- How could the cadet program fill the gap in the aviation industry?
- Cadet’s Choice: the Cadet’s Choice must fit into one of these categories: Cadet Life, Science and Technology, Aviation, Canadian History or Citizenship.
There will be a question ask during the local competition for the impromptu speeches, make sure you familiarize yourself with the news nationally and internationally.
Everyone is welcome to attend the regional competition and learn. Write your speech as you would talk to a friend; try to make it personal and relatable. Inform, persuade and entertain.
You will have less difficulty if you observe three basic rules: KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO SAY, KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO SAY, and KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO SAY.